Thursday 30 July 2009

Shit or get off the pot!

So what HAVE I been doing since I first posted on my blog. The weekends are spent doing loads of different fun things with my husband and are lovely but the weekdays when he is at work and I am at home are the times that need accounting for. So lets see

- 30% of my time is spent sleeping (like most of us),
- another 15% cooking (that's right I am discovering my domesticated side),
- 5% miscellanneous and unmentionables!!!!
- and a whopping 50% it turns out is spent on surfing websites on interior design and home decor.

That sounds rather bleak so I must add that this figure includes time spent on pursuits which spin off from the web surfing i.e. watching TV shows of a similar ilk, shopping for the home products I spot online, sometimes preceded by strategic influencing of 'the husband' on the need for another set of such and such, and when that fails thinking up clever DIY ideas to make it myself.

Once I was over the shock of that statistical deduction and the purely coincidental but simultaneous conclusion about the dire unpopularity and frankly sheer uselessness of my blog in its current form - I realised in its truest sense the meaning of the famous saying 'Shit or get off the pot'.

Oooh pressure not nice!!

Anyhow rather than walking off into bloggers oblivion I figured maybe I could write about what I actually found out there in my many online and other meanders. That way if I did pester my friends with links to my blog at least they would not have to be nice about my dreary attempts at trying to be writer - they could actually get some use out of my web trawls should they decide to redecorate their homes.

So I did a quick mental check on my fulfilled as well as unrequited decor loves of these past few months. As it happens my rather long-winded approach would typically involve a long list of about 10 possibilities. This would then be followed by mulling, sleeping over, rechecking, fretting as I lost a couple of options coz the sites ran out of stock while I mulled. This moved on in about 3 weeks (i.e. if I hadn't gone off the idea by then) to presenting a shortlist of about 3 options, in a well thought through financing conversation, to said husband. And finally based on the strength of the grimace on his face sort of making up my mind on what we were getting. Tedious as it sounds just by virtue of being so long and indecisive the process made it neccessary that I save photos and links in a word file.

So long and short of it I think I may actually be in business since I have loads of material stashed away! Yippeee!!

Now to kick off general lassitude and actually upload my first post! As ever easier said than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment