Wednesday 4 November 2009

Indian design blogs a nostalgic discovery

Happened to come across a list of top Indian interior design blogs. Having lived away from India for over four years now I was surprised by how much I warmed up to some of them.

My own personal style has swung completly away from the huge focus on bright colours in India. I don't like too much traditional Indian ornamentation or embroidery or art in my home. And yet looking at the beautifully traditional homes in rang decor brought a huge pang of nostalgia and homesickness.

The home of the blog author Archana Srinivas (below) was featured in Apartmenttherapy.


And then I thought I had found my absolute favourite! Posted on the blog anindiansummer - the photographs of this home were breathtaking. The home featured seemed to capture the essence of Indian homes without being overtly traditional. I loved the strongly natural feel - cotton, jute, wood, silk and stone everywhere - dotted with splashes of colour.




Well clearly I was so taken by the photos that I didn't actually read the blog - it was only much later that I realised the the gorgeous photos were of a villa in Brazil!!

Anyhow Brazil or Inda I know you can only ever pull off these looks in tropical places - but looking at these photos is really making me want a home in India - somewhere with lots of trees open verandahs, warm sunshine and colour!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog! I know what it's like at first, you wonder why you do it- but gradually you start to make connections and it feels more worthwhile. And very good luck with the screen printing course its great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ever so much. Also I have forwarded links to your gorgeous designs to all my friends :-)!

    ReplyDelete